MAHEC efforts with youth are designed to expose students to the world of health careers. Each region provides different ways to explore and prepare for health careers including:
- ACES (AHEC Career Enhancement Scholars)
- School-based health career programs
- M*A*S*H (Missouri AHEC Science and Health) Camp for younger students
- Healthcare professional shadowing
- Individual career counseling
- Volunteer opportunities
AHEC makes it possible to train medical, nursing, dental and other allied health professions students in underserved communities in order to develop relationships and recruit them to future healthcare practice in those communities.
AHEC centers also provide community integration projects.
MAHEC Digital Library
The MAHEC Digital Library (MDL) is a comprehensive collection of health science library resources. Through collaboration and partnerships the MDL provides access to health science library services for students, professionals and organizations across the state of Missouri.
- Full Text
- Evidence Based
- Librarian Services
- Continuing Medical Education
- And much more!